[Tux4kids-discuss] GSoC 2013 Introduction

\ bum3r4ng at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 07:26:14 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

my name is Petr Jirout and I am a student at the Brno University of
Technology which is located in Czech Republic.

I am interested in three projects: Adapt Tux Typing to use the t4k_common,
Migrate Tux Math and t4k_common to SDL 2.0 and
Create a LAN multiplayer mode for Tux Typing. I am familiar with C and C++,
networking through BSD sockets and SDL.

I successfully compiled and run the application, although there were some
troubles with dependencies and libraries. Right now,
I am going through code and fixing little things. Even now, I am excited
when working on Tux4Kids source code, but that
would be caused mainly because I have never cooperate with open source
project. As I can see now, I should join the
open source community sooner. :)

With regards,

Petr Jirout