[Tux4kids-discuss] [Tuxpaint-devel] Chat with Aaditya Maheshwari

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 23:47:32 UTC 2013

The problem is very much that of lack of time, at least on my part.  In the
"real world", I'm the senior-most surgeon in the busiest liver transplant
program in the United States for 2012.   I'm not a trained engineer or
anything like that.  Tux4Kids is a labor of love for me, but it is very
much just a hobby, and my actual career has become even more busy and
stressful than it was a few years ago. To make matters worse (for GSoC
availability, that is), I've been named by our medical center to be one of
the main physician/IT liasons for this enormous EMR transition we are going
through (Brendan knows what I am talking about).  So, any "hacking" time I
have is getting sucked up by making the computers at my real job serve our
needs better.  Finally, my family thinks I spend all my time "playing on
the computer" and ignoring them.

So if Tux4Kids is going to be in GSoC this year, anyone who can mentor
needs to step forward right away.  As for GSoC admin (which very largely
means writing the organization proposal and grading the student proposals),
I *really* would prefer for someone else to do it, as I know I'm not going
to be able to put the proper time into it.  However, if we have mentors but
no other admin, and the application won't get submitted any other way, I
will do it "for the team".

Cheers,
David

--
David Bruce

For all your software needs, visit The Apt Store:
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable main