[Tux4kids-discuss] Ideas for tux mind exercise

Shubhi goel shubhi.invincible at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 18:25:28 UTC 2015

Hey all,

I am Shubhi Goel. I have already introduced myself and here i am sharing my
ideas on tux mind exercise project.

These games/mind exercises are framed keeping in mind that not only their
memory power increases but something more adds up to their stack of
knowledge. Keeping in mind playing is the best way kids learn.
Following are my ideas shortly weaving to reality.
Based on categories, mind exercises are jotted down below.

ATTENTION:

>> Swipe-off :: An arrow will be shown on screen pointing in a particular
direction.
The player will swipe the arrow in the same direction as it is pointing to
if the color of the background is black
and swipe arrow in the opposite direction if the color of the background is
white.
The player needs to correctly swipe as many arrows as possible in 2 min.
This will test the attentiveness of the player.

>>Beware :: An ambience of stormy night will be shown to the player. Rain
drops and lightning will fall from top of screen towards the umbrella on
the screen. The user needs to tap/click the drops and let go the lightning.
A player will score positively for every rain drop tap and negatively for
every lightning tap. The game will be time based

>>Colour-coded :: 2 colored buttons/balls will be shown on screen, the
player has to click/tap them only when the background color  matches either
of the  ball's/button's  color.

>>MatchMe :: Player need to find the same geometrical shape of same colour
as shown from a 3x3 grid containing different geometrical shapes of
different colours.

>> Whack the stack ::  In a 3x3 grid of pot holes , few monsters out of 9
keep peeping out in a random manner and player need to hit them

REASONING:

>> Two numbers will be shown. Player needs to press either + (add) button
or - (subtract) button after for both the numbers after analysing which
operation will be required to be done with both the numbers with respect to
each other.

>> Hangman :: Very commonly played game with a twist in it. For the word
shown on the screen , player will be required to guess the word keeping in
mind that it is its synonym. As a hint , vowels will already be filled up.

MEMORY:

>>Follow-the-leader :: 4x4 grid of different color will be there. Player
need to follow the same pattern of colours as it will be shown on the
screen and hence will follow the leader.

>>Gotcha! :: Firstly a list of words comprising of 4-5 words will be shown
to the player and he need to remember it. Then he need to find out a word
which wasn't present in that list shown before.

>>Pictures will be shown to the player in a particular order for few
seconds. Player need to select these pictures then, from a lot of pictures
in the same order as shown before.

FLEXIBILITY:

>> Shortest-path :: In a 4x4 grid two flags will be positioned and player
will be required to join these two so that he takes the shortest path
keeping in mind the obstacles there.

>>Add-me :: 4x4 grid filled with numbers 1-4 in a random fashion. Player
needs to choose a path such that the numbers in his path add up to the
number displayed on the screen.

SPEED:

>> Math-mate :: simple mathematical questions which player will be required
to answer in a limited time duration.

>> Sorted! :: Two different color balls will be required to sort out by
placing them in their respective coloured boxes as soon as possible.

These are a few ideas i am looking forward to implement. I have quite a few
and hopefully alluring UI and UX ideas which i would like to go with.
Apart from these, a few more features could really make a this app a pack
of wolves and these are--

# A Character: Kids are very fascinated when any thing comes handy along
with a character which interacts with them. They enjoy learning and playing
that way. So we could introduce them to a character which will be
accompanying them all through their process of learning.

# Reward: As player progress, different kinds of avatars can be rewarded to
him as his achievement.

# Personalised scorecard : Player can get to know in which field he is weak
and which one is his strong one.

I am always open to any kinds of suggestions, reviews or feedbacks. I
hereby request the concerned mentor to guide me further so that these ideas
come to life as soon as possible.

Regards,
Shubhi Goel
shubhi.invincible at gmail.com