[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Nepali Tuxtype

David Bruce dbruce at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Mar 24 11:26:35 UTC 2008

Hi vikaL and Shakeel,

> U told me to send the nepali package of Tuxtype..but in stead of
> me...Shakeel sent it to you..since in these days i am so busy..and he
> was also engaged while localizing tuxtype for nepalinux with..and i
> told him to send it..so pliz inform me did you get it or not..if not i
> will send it to you

Yes - I got it from Shakeel and added it to the source tree on my machine,
including the needed Makefile.am's, etc.  It seems to work fine.

The only issue I see is the Madan font - if possible, we would like to
minimize the number of different fonts, but maybe it is needed to provide the
necessary glyphs for Nepali.  I don't know much of anything about Indic
languages, or whether the same font would work for Malayalam, Nepali, and any
other Indic languages added in the future.

Any font to be included needs to have a free license, and a copy of the
license needs to go into the source tree.

It would be greatly preferable to use a font that is already in Debian.  What
fonts does NepaLinux use, and are they in the main Debian archive?  I would
assume they must have DFSG-compliant licenses, as NepaLinux appears to be a
Debian derivative.

Thanks,

--
David Bruce