[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tuxtype Nepali theme

David Bruce dbruce at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Mar 23 18:03:43 UTC 2008

Hi Shakeel,

I have added your Nepali theme to tuxtype on my machine - it appears to work
properly as far as I can tell. You and Vikal are being credited for it :)

The only issue I see is the font - is it possible for the Indic languages to
use a common font to keep things more simple?  If the Rachana font (added for
Malayalam) doesn't have the glyphs Nepali requires, we can add another font
as long as it has a free license.  It would be greatly preferable if the font
is in Debian, or at a minimum has a DFSG-compliant license so it could be
added to Debian.

Are you connected with NepaLinux?  From what I can see, NepaLinux is a Debian
derivative and obviously has the needed glyphs.  I'd like to use whatever is
used by Nepali Debian users.

--
David Bruce