[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tuxtype GSoC Ideas.

MOBIN M mobstux at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 11:51:37 UTC 2008

Hello Developers,

I am really happy to see that a lot of students now interested to work
on tuxtype as their GSoC project.I hope by the end of this summer we
could feel the real hotness of GSoC in our repository.

Once I mentioned that I was planning to add all Indic language's
themes to tuxtype (20 left). That work is currently in progress. And
in the practice session also similar lessons like malayalam lessons I
will be adding by the completion of this work. Some of the ideas David
suggested directly related with what I am doing.

1.Use GNU gettext for localization, instead of homebrew stuff,
2.In-game support for editing word lists and practice sentences.
3.More content (practice sentences, finger exercises, etc.).

I think I can also complete Auto-detection of "typeable" characters
via SDL or native OS APIs within three months.

May I ask you, can I also apply for GSoC? As a developer, Is
there any difficulty for me to apply?

waiting for your reply.

thanks
Mobin Mohan