[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxmath-devel] Tuxtype GSoC Ideas.

David Bruce dbruce at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Mar 28 16:12:28 UTC 2008

Hi Mobin,

On Friday 28 March 2008 07:51:37 am MOBIN M wrote:
> Hello Developers,
>
> I am really happy to see that a lot of students now interested to work
> on tuxtype as their GSoC project.I hope by the end of this summer we
> could feel the real hotness of GSoC in our repository.
>
> Once I mentioned that I was planning to add all Indic language's
> themes to tuxtype (20 left). That work is currently in progress. And
> in the practice session also similar lessons like malayalam lessons I
> will be adding by the completion of this work. Some of the ideas David
> suggested directly related with what I am doing.
>
> 1.Use GNU gettext for localization, instead of homebrew stuff,
> 2.In-game support for editing word lists and practice sentences.
> 3.More content (practice sentences, finger exercises, etc.).
>
> I think I can also complete Auto-detection of "typeable" characters
> via SDL or native OS APIs within three months.

These will all be great things, and it certainly does not matter to me who
does them.

> May I ask you, can I also apply for GSoC? As a developer, Is
> there any difficulty for me to apply?

No problem with me - check with Google regarding eligibility for GSoC itself.

Cheers,

--
David Bruce

p.s. - we're trying to migrate the tuxtype-related stuff onto its own list -
tux4kids-tuxtype-dev at lists.alioth.debian.org - now that both projects are
getting increased volume.