[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] RPM packages for tuxtype and tuxmath available for multiple distros

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 03:15:47 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've got things set up with the OpenSUSE Build Service to make rpm
packages more or less automatically.  The packages are searchable via:

http://software.opensuse.org/search

The builds include all recent versions of OpenSUSE, Fedora, and
Mandriva, for both i586 and x86-64 architectures.  Official releases
go into the OpenSUSE Education project, whereas "preview" builds are
done in my home project.  They are all available to anyone, however.

The preview builds can be done nearly effortlessly - it just involves
a commit of the updated tarball, specfile, and changelog.  These can
provide really current "snapshots" for those who don't want to mess
with svn.

There's a blurb on our alioth page pointing folks to where they can
get the rpm packages.

Cheers,

David