[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] GSoC idea

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 14:24:35 UTC 2009

Hi Sreyas,

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 11:22 PM, Sreyas Kurumanghat

> I still think that the practice game is incomplete compared to other games
> in tuxtype. The first thing about the practice game is that it lacks
> practice content. This is not a big problem as anyone can add phrases to the
> phrases.txt file. But the game doesn't  support multiline phrases. It does
> support phrases of upto 2 lines long, but if the length exceeds this, I
> doesn't support that.

It does now.  I did a fairly big overhaul of practice.c after the
summer - look at Practice in 1.7.3. The phrases are now wrapped one
screen-width at a time, and the phrase itself can be any length.  The
activity now displays accuracy, wpm, and so forth.

Thanks,

David