[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tuxtype error

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 20:19:16 UTC 2009

Hi Normunds,

Yes, it is broken.  Basically, the installed paths for the data files
are wrong, and it is missing that dll.

You can get it working by:
1. Install tuxmath (which has the needed libiconv2.dll) and copy the
file from the tuxmath folder (under C:\Program Files) to the tuxtype
folder.
2. the data path has an extra "data" in it - move everything in
tuxtype\data\data\ into tuxtype\data
3. the fonts folder should be under data, rather than alongside it.

I should get a fixed build posted when I get home later today.

Sorry for this screw-up - I don't have a Windows machine at home, and
I didn't think we had done anything that would have affected this.

David Bruce