[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tuxtype 1.7.1 source tar.gz posted

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 20:02:17 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've posted a tarball for tuxtype-1.7.1.  I think it addresses most of
the main issues with 1.7.0.  The main problems were:

1. wrong path for bundled fonts, which probably crashed the program
for everyone except Debian/Ubuntu users with the needed fonts already
installed.  Now fixed.
2. Windows-specific data path error - now fixed.
3. failure of wchar_t to UTF8 conversion on Windows because wchar_t is
a different size - fixed.
4. failure to set locale on Windows - worked around by setting LANG
instead because "setlocale() is broken".
5. I've replaced the Lessons menu code with the same code used by the
rest of the menu system.
6. Removal of non-functional lessons script files.
7. Renaming of "Practice" to more-descriptive "Phrase Typing" (sorry,
translators!)

I want to test this one on some non-Debian installs, and also test the
Windows build before we post it.

Cheers,

David Bruce