[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tux Typing 1.7.2

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 13:27:36 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've put up tarballs (with and without fonts) and the windows build
for tuxtype 1.7.2.

I *think* tuxtype is once again in a sane form for end-user use, so
people can see the nice work from our GSoC projects.

A couple of points:
1.  With the new Indic fonts, we now have 11 fonts bundled in, and it
seems time to revisit font handling in tuxtype and tuxmath.  Right
now, the program requires the fonts to be either in the bundled data
font path, or in Debian's hard-coded location for the needed fonts, if
present.  If a required font is missing, the program segfaults when it
tries to use it.  So, here is a clear area for improvement.  At a
minimum, I'll try to fix it so the program doesn't segfault but just
goes back to the default font and prints a warning that text may not
display properly.

2.  The new Windows build is almost up to the 10M file size limit for
downloads from Alioth.  We probably will exceed this size soon.

Cheers,

David