[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxmath-devel] TuxMath and TuxType BeOS ports

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 01:08:18 UTC 2009

Hi Luc,

On 1/23/09, David Bruce <davidstuartbruce at gmail.com> wrote:

> So for whatever reason it could not find the data path.  I think we
> need to put some more debugging statements into SetupPaths() to figure
> out what is going on.

It looks the the real problem is that tuxtype no longer properly
supports installing in non-default locations with "./configure
--prefix=$WHATEVER".

As a simple test, I tried installing tuxtype 1.7.2 on my usual Debian
system with "--prefix=/boot/apps/Games/TuxType2/", and got almost
identical output to what you got on BeOS.  Similarly, using
"--prefix=/home/dbruce/local" did not work.

With tuxmath, installation to these locations worked fine.  There must
be some kludge buried within tuxtype that is causing trouble.  I think
I'll use tuxmath as a model and try to use the same exact code for
tuxtype.

Thanks,

David

p.s. - fwiw, have you tried just letting tuxtype install on BeOS to
the default unix prefix (/usr/local)?