[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tuxtype

Holger Levsen debian at layer-acht.org
Thu May 21 15:42:21 UTC 2009

Hi David,

On Donnerstag, 21. Mai 2009, David Bruce wrote:
> I updated howtotheme.html just now to reflect the changes in the
> keyboard.lst format and also font handling.

cool, thanks!

> btw - had you noticed that we now have completely split the text
> rendering into SDL_ttf-only vs. SDL_Pango-only?

No :)

> This is set at
> compile-time, and the default is to build with SDL_Pango.  If
> SDL_Pango is used, we do not use SDL_ttf at all, and thus do not
> directly require any ttf fonts (either bundled or as system fonts).

But doesnt that (using SDL_Pango) mean, that then not all fonts are displayed
as nicely as they are, when the fonts installed?

I've currently made most fonts a suggests: but am thinking about recommends:.
Besides that, the package is ready for upload and I guess I will just upload
it now as it is. I'll probably wait 30min or so for your reply, but there is
also no problem to upload it now, and reupload a changed package in two
days :-)

regrds,
	Holger