[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] tuxtype progress control

uwe uwe.geercken at web.de
Tue Nov 3 22:18:44 UTC 2009

hello everybody,

my name is uwe, I am from germany, 45 years old, I have 3 kids and I am
working as an IT manager for a big company in Switzerland. I am an
allrounder but with emphasis on data: databases, migrations,
convertions, databases, datawarehouses and business intelligence. but I
am also programming in Java, using apache velocity, beanshell, groovy
and so on.

apart from my daily work, I am teaching Linux 2 hours a week at our
local school to kids of 10-13 years (30 kids). this is my third year I
do this using Edubuntu and LTSP.

in a chat on IRC some had a discussion about having a sort of progress
control in tuytype. so that the correct hits or the errors can be
tracked and evaluated.

if there is interest I am willing to spend my time for this project,
doing some programming or database work or whatever is required.

It would be good to collect some requirements or thoughts on this issue
to give me an idea. I don't have experience with tuytype or a similar
typing software.

I wish you a nice evening.

uwe