[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tux Typing 1.8.0

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 00:27:55 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

I should have the new build of tuxtype posted by the end of this
evening.  I think both tuxtype and tuxmath should go up to 1.8.0
because they have important user-visible changes.

For Tux Typing, the most noticable advances are:

1. Sarah's Frisk's word list editor.  It still could use some
refinement of the user interface (font sizes, layout scaling to window
size, some actions not very intuitive), but AFAICT it works as
advertised if the user follows the on-screen directions.
2. Much better background images and new music for the "fish cascade"
game, thanks to Caroline Ford.
3. Significantly expanded "content" - word lists, phrase list and xml
lesson files.
4. A couple of new translations.