[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Alternative set of graphics for TuxType and TuxMath

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 13:46:20 UTC 2009

Hi Amos,

>> Currently, I just recompile TuxType and TuxMath with the new set of
>> graphics, but I would like to see our graphics incorporated into the
>> programs as a new "style" and let the user select a style. Any thoughts as
>> how to best do this?  By the way, what is the standard procedure for
>> submitting new material to TuxType and TuxMath?  Do I post it to these
>> lists?

That does sound really cool.  Regarding "theming", that is something I
have thought for years would be great to have, although I haven't
actually tried to figure out a good way to do is.  TuxType does have a
mechanism to replace the default images with theme-specific ones,
although I don't know if every image in the games themselves can be
"overloaded" in this fashion.  TuxMath definitely does not currently
have any built-in support to do this.

Since this list probably won't allow big enough attachments to hold
all the images (although you can try), you can just email them
directly to me - make them all into a tarball or zip file or
something.  Gmail supports file attachments up to 25 MB.  I will put
them into svn somewhere.  As Caroline mentioned, make sure there is
documentation that they are licensed to be freely redistributable in
compliance with Debian's Free Software Guidelines.

Best,

David