[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tux Typing 1.8.0

Jordan Erickson jerickson at logicalnetworking.net
Wed Nov 11 23:28:50 UTC 2009

Congratulations!!! =)

Cheers!!
Jordan

---
David Bruce wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I should have the new build of tuxtype posted by the end of this
> evening.  I think both tuxtype and tuxmath should go up to 1.8.0
> because they have important user-visible changes.
>
> For Tux Typing, the most noticable advances are:
>
> 1. Sarah's Frisk's word list editor.  It still could use some
> refinement of the user interface (font sizes, layout scaling to window
> size, some actions not very intuitive), but AFAICT it works as
> advertised if the user follows the on-screen directions.
> 2. Much better background images and new music for the "fish cascade"
> game, thanks to Caroline Ford.
> 3. Significantly expanded "content" - word lists, phrase list and xml
> lesson files.
> 4. A couple of new translations.
>
> From a packaging/legal perspective, TuxType is also now 100%
> DFSG-compliant due to replacement of a handful of files that were not
> solidly documented to be freely redistributable.
>
> RPM packages (x86 and amd64) for tuxtype_preview-1.8.0 are posted on
> the opensuse build service (http://software.opensuse.org/search) for
> the following distros:
> - Fedora 9, 10, and 11
> - Mandriva 2008, 2009, and 2009.1
> - openSUSE 11.0, 11.1, 11.2, and Factory
>
> I'm in the midst of posting the tarballs and a win32 installer build
> on our Alioth site.
> After that, I'll get on the iMac and see about updating MacPorts and
> hopefully making a new dmg in the next few days.
>
> Best,
>
> David

Jordan Erickson
Owner, Logical Networking Solutions
http://www.logicalnetworking.net
707-636-5678

* Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail *

Latest LNS Blogs - http://blog.logicalnetworking.net

	New picture of the heart of the Milky Way - by NASA [pics]
	US Department of Defense releases memo on open source software
	IBM to deliver Ubuntu Linux computers instead of Windows 7