[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tux Math now GPLv3 or later

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 17:33:38 UTC 2010

Hi Jesus,

> Thank you david!
>
> It is a very important work, I hope Free Software will advance a big
> step forward with GPLv3 and with the migration (of a very important)
> project as Tux4Kids is. OTOH, tuxhistory is based on TuxMath 1.7, so
> if TuxMath did the migrations I suppose I can change also the license
> notices in TH. ¿is this correct?

Yes, that is correct.  Previously, the notices on the files were
either "GPLv2 or later", "GPLv3 or later", or
lacking.  There was no GPL2-only code.  The relicensing was based on
the "or later" provision of the previous GPLv2+ terms.  The
license/copyright notices needed to be cleaned up no matter what, and
it made the most sense to simply standardize on GPLv3+.

btw, I listed individual author names on each source file according to
my best recollection, but I most likely missed some.  All contributors
to the project should feel free to add their names to the notices as
appropriate.

Best,

David