[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] /etc/tuxtype (was Re: Thai translation of Tuxtype

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 23:45:20 UTC 2010

Hi Holger,

On 6/5/10, Holger Levsen <holger at layer-acht.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Samstag, 5. Juni 2010, Holger Levsen wrote:
>> I've just checked and tuxtype 1.8.1-2 in sid and squeeze is even more
>> broken :-( Fixing now...

Yay!  Thanks for addressing this rapidly.  If any Ubuntu folks are
reading, is there a mechanism to propagate the fix into Lucid, or will
it wait until the next release?

> tuxtype now needs a sysconfdir, typically /etc/tuxtype, so I've added this
> the (about to be uploaded) tuxtype 1.8.1-3. What bothers me slightly is that
> it's empty, IOW tuxtype doesn't need it but fails to start if it's not
> there.

Basically, we created a "proper" place for system-wide configuration
of tuxtype, but never got around to actually using it (yet). When we
make another release, we should either take it back out or start using
it.  Thanks for pointing this out.

Regards,

David