[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxmath-devel] TuxMath + libt4kcommon maiden linkage

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 19:57:06 UTC 2010

Hi Brendan,

> So, if we are going to be changing the names, I vote for
> "t4k_common.h".

I just went ahead and changed the names in that fashion and pushed it
to git.  From a quick look at /usr/include on this machine, I saw 15
files with underscores in the names ("foo_bar.h") and only 2 with
hyphens ("foo-bar.h"), so I think "t4k_common.h" would be more
conventional.

Using the "commonification" branch of tuxmath in git, now autotools
works fine - just do the usual "autoreconf -i; ./configure; make; sudo
make install" for t4kcommon, then the same for tuxmath, and the
program builds, links, and runs successfully using t4kcommon as a
shared lib.

(Note that autoreconf now complains about my most recent configure.ac
syntax, but it works fine if you just run it a second time.  Will
investigate).

Using CMake, I still run into the error about missing "T4K_Sugar".

Best,

David