[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxmath-devel] libt4k_common update

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 02:50:03 UTC 2010

Hi Brendan

> -Brendan, who will now proceed to drop several bombs on TuxType's master branch

All joking aside, please don't push anything into the master branches
that breaks them.  I don't want to repeat last year, where tuxmath was
sort of borked from early summer until late fall.  In the case of
"commonification", the more pertinent thing will be to periodically
merge "master" into "commonification" to keep your branch updated.
Or, if anyone makes a commit into "master", you can then just do a
"git cherry-pick" for that commit while on commonification to pull it
into the branch.

My hope with the switch to git is that we can keep the master branches
continuously building and running correctly.

Fortunately, I see you have made a "commonification" branch for
tuxtype.  On my machine, it builds and installs fine, and locates
libt4k appropriately, but it doesn't work at run-time - keyboard input
isn't recognized properly in the Fish Cascade, Comet Zap, and Phrase
Practice activities, although the keys seem to work OK for navigating
the menus.  Not sure what the issue is - but I guess it is a sign that
work is taking place ;)

Cheers,

David