[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxpaint-devel] [Tuxmath-devel] Tux4Kids mentors needed for Google Code-In

scott mc scottmc2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 00:26:31 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 4:01 PM, David Bruce <davidstuartbruce at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Looks like we are in much better shape now with several mentors.  One
> thing I'm not clear on with regard to Melange is whether mentors can
> create tasks and reassign tasks to different mentors, or whether that
> has to be done by an admin.  Could someone with just mentor status
> test this out?  If Melange lets you do it, feel free to create more
> tasks or assign tasks to yourself as mentor.  Also, if anyone else
> wants admin status, just let me know.  I think we can have multiple
> admins, and we want to avoid having a single choke point in case I get
> swamped by my job for several days.
>
> Cheers,
>
> David

Yes, we figured this out a few days ago with Haiku, only admins can
reassign the tasks.  So we added another admin so now we have three.
Also only the admin(s) can approve new tasks or add new tasks.
Mentors can suggest new tasks but they won't be public until an admin
approves them.  Hope this helps.

-scottmc