[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxmath-devel] [Tuxpaint-devel] Fwd: [Tuxpaint-users] [fwd] Announcing Google Code-in

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 14:41:58 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Bill Kendrick <nbs at sonic.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 12:35:19PM -0400, Brendan Luchen wrote:
>>    >From the small bit I've glanced over the description, this sounds pretty
>>    cool. Think I can mentor if necessary.

At last year's mentor summit there was a discussion of the GHOP
program, which was the predecessor to Google Code-In.  It basically
involves having us post a TODO list of tasks that are within the
capabilities of a high school student, and the students then claim
them and turn them in when completed, getting a "bounty" of $100 US
for each three tasks completed in a satisfactory manner.  There isn't
the same months-long commitment that GSOC requires.  So, I think we
could participate.

I don't have a great amount of T4K time at the moment, either, but I
probably can post some TODOs.  Suggestions from the group are highly
welcome.

David