[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] tuxtype

Stephen Gunning smgunning at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 05:28:32 UTC 2010

Hello,

I don't know if this application is still being maintained. I just wanted to
submit some changes I made to my local copy of the Lessons module. The
reason for the change was the segmentation fault I was getting when I
pressed ESC in a lesson. I have attached practice.c, the main fix really
being the line:

if ( key != -1 )
    updatekeylist(key,tmp);

For some reason on OS X 10.6, I have to disable the Mix_Init code (under
#ifdef HAVE_MIX_INIT) in setup.c to get the sound to work, even though I am
using SDL_mixer 1.2.11.
Don't know what's going on there, but if you have any ideas - please let me
know.

The changes are based on the code from tuxtype_w_fonts-1.8.1.tar.gz
downloaded from
https://alioth.debian.org/frs/download.php/3270/tuxtype_w_fonts-1.8.1.tar.gz
.

Thanks for your time.