[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxmath-devel] Anyone interested in maintaining a Tux4Kids Facebook page?

Akash Gangil akashg1611 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 15:40:44 UTC 2011

> It is currently hidden from the public.  I'm at work and the firewall
> blocks facebook, so I can't "publish" it or whatever it's called on
> facebook.  But it doesn't really have anything worth keeping - go
> ahead and start a new page from scratch.
>
> However, I would suggest that you create a tux4kids-related email to
> set up the account, rather than using your own main email, so that
> care of the page could be handed over to someone else if you can't do
> it anymore.  I'm assuming facebook doesn't have a way to transfer
> pages from one user to another.  If it does, I guess it doesn't
> matter.

Created a page : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tux4Kids/148165518572421

David - I added you email in the admins section, did you get any
notification?

If anyone else would like to help in maintaining the page, let me know, I
would
add them as page admins.

There are a couple of things we could do to advertise the page, you could
add a
the "LikeBox" link to our main site. Here is the iframe code for it :

<iframe src="
http://www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fplatform&amp;width=292&amp;colorscheme=light&amp;show_faces=true&amp;stream=true&amp;header=true&amp;height=427"
scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden;
width:292px; height:427px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

--
Akash