[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] t4k_common-0.1.0 released and posted on Alioth

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 21:58:20 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've posted a tarball for t4k_common-0.1.0, the next release after
0.0.4 (I'm trying to follow the libtool version numbering convention
here).  The last public release of tuxmath should work with the new
t4k_common, but the reverse is not true - the latest git build of
tuxmath requires the newer t4k_common.

For this release, we moved several more files/functions from tuxmath
into t4k_common:
- convert_utf.c
- scandir.c
- throttle.c
- linewrap.c and the bundled GNU linebreak library

This release fixes an important bug that inactivated gettext in the
previous release.
We have added a "tooltips" panel to the menu system that displays a
description for the currently active menu item.  Also, both the
automake and cmake build systems have received some attention.  Now
you can use cmake to build from the tarball, as well as from a git
checkout.

We will be able to remove several more files from tuxmath as a result
of this refactoring.

Much of this work was done by teenage students for Google Code-In,
with the greatest contributions coming from Aviral Dasgupta and
Johndhel Maceda.  They deserve a big round of applause.

Now we need to get out current builds of tuxmath and tuxtype before
GSoC 2011 gets underway!

Best,

David