[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tuxtype refined

Pere Pujal i Carabantes perepujal at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 22:26:55 UTC 2013

El dc 17 de 07 de 2013 a les 08:04 +0530, en/na Nalin X Linux va
escriure:
> sir
>    i have refined tuxtype. please test it once again. don't forget to
> compile t4kcommon before testing (from my repository).

Nice, no longer crashes :)

One thing I am wondering is how to handle the different keyboard layouts
in the brailler emulator, for example the letters sdf jkl are in the
same place in qwerty/qwertz and azerty keyboards, but the number 6
behaves different in azerty(I can access one) you have to hit the Shift
key or have Caps lock active in order to type numbers there. Other
keyboards are very different...

Informative texts like "Game paused", "Pause released", etc must be
gettexted.

I would allow the letters used for brailler to be translated in some way
too(gettext too?)

gettext allows translators specify the central letters in the main
layout keyboard used in their language, the counterpart is that any
people that wants to play tuxtype in this language and has not a
keyboard with that layout will not be able to type in brailler, any
comments? ideas?

BTW what is the number 6 used for?

Hope this helps
Pere