[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev Digest, Vol 66, Issue 6

Nalin X Linux nalin.x.linux at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 18:43:06 UTC 2013

> Nice, no longer crashes :)
>
> One thing I am wondering is how to handle the different keyboard layouts
> in the brailler emulator, for example the letters sdf jkl are in the
> same place in qwerty/qwertz and azerty keyboards, but the number 6
> behaves different in azerty(I can access one) you have to hit the Shift
> key or have Caps lock active in order to type numbers there. Other
> keyboards are very different...
>

> Informative texts like "Game paused", "Pause released", etc must be
> gettexted.
>
> I would allow the letters used for brailler to be translated in some way
> too(gettext too?)
>
> gettext allows translators specify the central letters in the main
> layout keyboard used in their language, the counterpart is that any
> people that wants to play tuxtype in this language and has not a
> keyboard with that layout will not be able to type in brailler, any
> comments? ideas?
>

> BTW what is the number 6 used for?
> >

> Hope this helps
> Pere

Sir
  currently i am working on braille rules for indian languages which uses
multiple map files(word start and middle of word), i think you are aware
that all the languages of the world have same braille code based on
phonetics. i am trying create a rule reader for braille so that it can be
applied to different languages as i have done in sharada-braille-writer.

Yesterday i have tested tuxtype with a few children in the govt school for
the visually impaired here and end with following conclusion in fishcascade
game.
1 - FISH_SPACING for Easy Medium and Hard must be 90 60 & 30 instead of 90
40 & 30.
2 - it is better to announce only last three words instead of announcing
all words in screen, to avoid confusion.
How do you feel about above changes ?

sir i could not understand what you meant by *"but the number 6*
*behaves different in azerty(I can access one) you have to hit the Shift
key or have Caps lock active in order to type numbers there. Other
keyboards are very different... "*

please explain it

--
*Free Software Free Society *