[Webmin-maintainers] Re: webmin-firewall, webmin-exports, etc. no longer in testing.

Edwin Clubb egclubb@ucdavis.edu
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:09:28 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you for your quick reply.  I am curious as to how/when this bug going to be
resolved.  I have been unable to find any similiar issues reported for webmin-firewall on
any other distro, or even by other Debian users.  I cannot see that this bug has ever been
submitted to the webmin bug tracking system either (www.webmin.com/bugs.html), so it would
seem that the developers are unaware of it.  Has anyone else even replicated the problem?

Edwin Clubb

>On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Edwin Clubb wrote:
>
>> Many of the most useful webmin components (webmin-firewall,
>> webmin-exports, etc.) were removed from the testing branch, apparently
>> because of bug #299223.  But when I look at
>> http://bjorn.haxx.se/testing.pl?package=webmin-extra to see why the
>> source package is not in testing, I am informed that the webmin-extra
>> package is waiting for usermin, that usermin is waiting for
>> webmin-optional and webmin-optional is waiting for webmin-extra.  This
>> suggests that there is some recursive dependency issue here.  Is this
>> the case or is this lone bug the reason that some 15 webmin modules are
>> no longer available?
>>

>It's a bit of both.  The RC bug needs to be fixed first.  Then the release
>manager will have to manually break the dependency circle so all the
>packages can enter testing.
>
>--
>Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>
>La Salle Debain - http://www.braincells.com/debian/