[Webmin-maintainers] Debian package for Webmin

HORNUNG Daniel dhornung at sfmi.fr
Tue Apr 4 08:36:14 UTC 2006

Hi Mr Cameron,

I'm very glad you interest yourself about debian Webmin packages!

I'm system engineer, leading a small team by a French software editor. We
use Webmin and we have projects for developing specific modules.

At this year's begin, I saw Webmin dropped from testing distribution. The
reason is that the official maintainer didn't find a successor to continue
integration Webmin into debian distribution. We use actually a Webmin
administered debian testing server and recently I had so big problems that I
must to build a new server with stable distribution.

A month ago, I was agreed by Patrick Winnertz
<https://alioth.debian.org/users/pwinnertz-guest/>  to become Webmin package
developer but I'm still not in the team list.

>From my point of view, I think this team seems to wait for leader's
activity.

By reading messages, many people offer help but I don't see many activity.

I hope that your message will weak up everyone.

Daniel Hornung, responsable systèmes - Poste 944

SFMI Informatique http://www.sigma.fr

12 rue de la Faisanderie, BP 142, 67833 Tanneries Cedex

tel : 03 88 10 29 30 - fax : 03 88 10 29 31