[Yaird-devel] Status of svn repository ? :-)

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sat Dec 3 09:47:18 UTC 2005

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 02:02:01 +0100
Erik van Konijnenburg <ekonijn at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 11:43:27AM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > Erik van Konijnenburg <ekonijn at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > > svn.debian.org shows that the yaird repo now exists and is empty.
>
> > I also applied for an Arch archive for your upstream work - possible
> > that's created now as well (given that I requested both together).
>
> Not yet.

It was since clarified (in the bugreport referred to earlier) that the
Arch repository is indeed created - just doesn't show up on lists while
empty.

So you should be able to fill it now (somehow, I don't know), Erik :-)

Here' the official starting point, I believe: http://arch.debian.org/

> > > Suggestions on how to fill the repo?
> > I suggest I fill the SVN repo with the /debian subdir - I have
> > ideas on an approach (the one Charles Fry found for co-maintainance
> > of AWStats) but would prefer doing it myself this time, as I have
> > 44 more packages I want ready for co-maintainance[1]...

As said I want to do this myself, so please don't do that (even if I am
slow to get it done).

> > > Note that due to firewall fun here I don't expect to get the svn
> > > account working immediately.
> >
> > Can I help somehow? I have multiple machines accessible from the
> > 'net - and could perhaps setup one of them with SSH on an odd port
> > or whatever it takes to bypass the firewall. Provide me more info
> > (off list if you prefer) about the problem if you think I can help
> > (and want me to).
>
> I don't think so, it's just a matter of testing what ports the
> applications need, then adapting NAT and filtering accordingly;
> nothing spectacular, just a minor time sink.  Arch is a bit
> friendlier than svn in this respect; I'll start testing once the repo
> is alive.

ok

I'd expect svn+ssh to simply require port 22 open, but whatever...

 - Jonas

- --