[apt-offline-devel] apt-offline install error: couldn't understand file type ..._Release.gpg

Ritesh Raj Sarraf rrs at researchut.com
Tue Apr 5 10:11:51 UTC 2016

Hello Gabriel,

On Mon, 2016-04-04 at 13:43 +0200, Gabriel Niebler wrote:
> Hello again!
>
> Warning: This is a long one.
>
> I had some time to clone the current version of apt-offline from git and
> try it out. It does seem like the problem with apt-offline not being
> able to understand .gpg-files is fixed.
>
> Unfortunately I ran into a couple of new issues. Here's what I did.
> (In the following, the virtualisation host's hostname is 'iupiter' and
> the container's hostname is 'metis'. The directory that both systems
> share is always named /srv/lxc/${other_hostname}/, so it's
> /srv/lxc/metis/ on the host 'iupiter' and it's /srv/lxc/iupiter/ on the
> container 'metis'. I chose to omit some output with [...] where there
> were no warnings or errors and everything worked as it should.)

I filed a bug report from your email.
https://github.com/rickysarraf/apt-offline/issues/50

I hope you are okay with communicating over github ?

1.5 certainly is reflecting many (personal) issues I had to deal with at that
time. :-(
It is sad that they plagued that release. I guess that is why I dropped my
intent to backport those fixes.

In between 1.5 and HEAD, a lot changed. And honestly, I haven't looked into
finding the fixes and backporting them. If you really are interested, you can go
that route. I'll be happy to review.

On the other hand, instead, do you think we should simply do a backport? Maybe
of the 1.7 release ? Then in that case, someone needs to test it (1.7 release)
well on Jessie ?

--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf
RESEARCHUT - http://www.researchut.com