[buildd-tools-devel] sbuild and build-depends-arch, troubleshooting

peter green plugwash at p10link.net
Fri Feb 5 00:08:18 UTC 2016

On 29/11/15 17:12, Johannes Schauer wrote:
> indeed sbuild should support the Build-Depends-Arch field since version
> 0.62.6-1.
>
> Incidentally I'm also the Debian maintainer (as well as upstream) of the second
> package in Debian that makes use of Build-Depends-Arch, called botch. I'm
> always testing botch with sbuild and was in the past as well as now unable to
> reproduce your problem.
>
> Are you able to reproduce this problem outside of your buildd environment?

Doing some investigating now.

It seems that the buildd runs sbuild with the command (note: i'm testing
with a different package now because I manuallyy built and uploaded mplayer)

sbuild --apt-update --no-apt-upgrade --no-apt-distupgrade --batch
--stats-dir=/var/lib/buildd/stats --dist=stretch-staging
--sbuild-mode=buildd --mail-log-to=logs at raspbian.org --arch=armhf
fltk1.3_1.3.3-6

Running that command manually (on the bm-wb-04 buildd) results in the
same issue.

Reducing the command line to sbuild --dist=stretch-staging --arch=armhf
fltk1.3_1.3.3-6 still results in failure.

Downloading the dsc manually and using sbuild --dist=stretch-staging
--arch=armhf fltk1.3_1.3.3-6.dsc also failed.

I haven't tried on other machines yet