[buildd-tools-devel] sbuild and build-depends-arch, troubleshooting

peter green plugwash at p10link.net
Sat Feb 6 00:11:43 UTC 2016

On 05/02/16 07:36, Johannes Schauer wrote: Hi,
> since I am (again) not able to reproduce your problem I need more information
> from your side, like the exact dsc you are building,
fltk1.3_1.3.3-6.dsc from stretch/sid
http://buildd.raspbian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=fltk1.3&arch=armhf
>   verbose
> output,
Verbose output of what?
>   your sbuildrc and so on.

I don't think i'm using a sbuildrc and all settings in sbuild.conf seem
to be commented out.

> You can also see here that building fltk1.3 on any arch seems to be no problem
> with sbuild 0.65.2
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=fltk1.3

Yeah, I noticed that, unfortunately it doesn't help me determine why.
> Also, why are you building fltk1.3 now? I thought your original problem was
> about Build-Depends-Arch?

stretch/sid's version of fltk1.3 uses build-depends arch and was in the
build-attempted state on our autobuilder system when I got back to
having another look at this issue.

Anyway I think i've found the problem.

         if ($self->get_conf('BUILD_ARCH_ALL')) {
             push(@positive_arch, $deps->{'Build Depends Arch'})
                 if (defined($deps->{'Build Depends Arch'}) &&
                     $deps->{'Build Depends Arch'} ne "");
             push(@negative_arch, $deps->{'Build Conflicts Arch'})
                 if (defined($deps->{'Build Conflicts Arch'}) &&
                     $deps->{'Build Conflicts Arch'} ne "");
         }
         if ($self->get_conf('BUILD_ARCH_ALL')) {
             push(@positive_indep, $deps->{'Build Depends Indep'})
                 if (defined($deps->{'Build Depends Indep'}) &&
                     $deps->{'Build Depends Indep'} ne "");
             push(@negative_indep, $deps->{'Build Conflicts Indep'})
                 if (defined($deps->{'Build Conflicts Indep'}) &&
                     $deps->{'Build Conflicts Indep'} ne "");
         }

Theres the smoking gun, it only installs Build-Depends-Arch if you are
building arch all packages. So it looks like if you are not building
arch all packages and the package has Build-Depends-Arch it breaks.

Looks like the soloution is to upgrade to the jessie-backports version
of sbuild where this code seems to have been fixed.

What I don't understand is why it is working for Debian. Maybe the
Debian buildds have been monkeypatched without changing the version
number or something.