[cut-team] Article about CUT

Michael Gilbert michael.s.gilbert at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 19:48:13 UTC 2011

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 18:44:52 +0100 Adnan Hodzic wrote:

> Here's the draft 2, I'm currently looking for someone who's native
> speaker to check it one more time.
>
> Here's the draft 2: http://goo.gl/jO03N

Hi, I just read the latest draft and have a few comments.

First of all, I think the title is a bit confusing since testing has
already existed for about 10 years now, so a rolling release is
actually nothing new for Debian. CUT's goal really is to make that
rolling release constantly usable for average users.

Secondly, I think the second paragraph is a bit hard to understand.  I
would suggest a rewording like: "My intention for this article is not
solely to praise Debian for its recent awards, but instead to focus on
a new project, Debian CUT."

Thirdly, you mention that its questionable when the next snapshot
release will be.  It's actually not a variable.  My plan is monthly to
release snapshots monthly, so you can plan on seeing the next release
candidate on April 1st and the release on April 6th (exactly one month
after the current release; of course if there are no showstopper bugs).

Otherwise, there are some places that aren't quite worded right to a
native english speaker, but those are minor.

Thank for this bit of journalism and spreading the word :)

Best wishes,
Mike