[Debian-eeepc-devel] Resume from sleep seems slow

David L. Johnson david.johnson at Lehigh.EDU
Mon Feb 16 18:28:43 UTC 2009

Tomaž Šolc wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> My Eee 901 takes a little under 10 seconds to wake from sleep ("suspend
> to RAM"). That seems a bit slow compared to my boot time, which I
> managed to optimize to around 25 seconds.
>
> Is such a slow resume normal or have I broken something on Debian my
> installation?

Now that you mention it, mine (a 701) has also been taking longer lately
to resume from sleep.  When I first got it, it seemed considerably
faster.  Maybe something in the newer kernels?

I also get a bunch of error messages about not being able to add
devices, which has been mentioned before on this list as not being a
concern, but perhaps there is a relationship.

--

David L. Johnson

Deserves death!  I daresay he does.  Many that live deserve death.
And some that die deserve life.  Can you give it to them?  Then do not
be too eager to deal out death in judgement.
		-- J. R. R. Tolkein