[Debian-eeepc-devel] Resume from sleep seems slow

Luca Niccoli lultimouomo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 18:37:30 UTC 2009

2009/2/16 Tomaž Šolc <tomaz.solc at tablix.org>:

> My Eee 901 takes a little under 10 seconds to wake from sleep ("suspend
> to RAM"). That seems a bit slow compared to my boot time, which I
> managed to optimize to around 25 seconds.

I experienced the same lag, the problem is the parameter pciehp_force
passed to pciehp module; the way out to this, and other problems is
the patch found at the end of this post:
http://mjg59.livejournal.com/100587.html
After this, you don't need to force pciehp, and removing the
paramenter speeds boot and resume times quite a lot.
I will add the tip to the wiki next week, but if you have time before
feel free to do it yourself =)

Cheers,
Luca