[Debian-ha-maintainers] Pacemaker 1.1.13

Pallai Roland pallair at magex.hu
Wed Aug 12 18:44:53 BST 2015

> Re-read your first email:

Thanks, it's now clear.

3. Yes please uninstall heartbeat prior to building from source. If you are
> manually building then you can do as u wish, keeping in mind requirements.

Solved but it's undocumented and works like a gotcha. I think it would be
better to put
a. --without-heartbeat into rules or
b. Build-Conflicts: libheartbeat2-dev into control
to make the build process more robust for users.

One thing to keep in mind is that the debian-ha stack is only partially
> available within Debian's official repositories. I'd recommend adding
> ppa.mmogp.com to your sources list and then install everything, things in
> Debian which are newer than the ppa will take precedence, but the ppa will
> provide you those packages which are not yet updated within Debian...which
> are many...and some won't ever make it into Jessie officially until stretch
> is stable...

It would have been nice to know about ppa.mmogp.com before I started to
maintain my own cluster stack. :) Anyhow, there are multiple reasons to go
forward on my own way until at least stretch won't be stable. I'm trying to
stay close to debian-ha but my goal is to integrate upstream releases and
bugfixes early into my own repo.