[Debian-ha-maintainers] Freeze status, Heartbeat plans

Ferenc Wágner wferi at niif.hu
Tue Dec 20 08:54:50 UTC 2016

Hi Debian-HA Team,

https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?email=debian-ha-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org
shows we're mostly prepared for the freeze.  Thank you!  There are a lot
of components I don't know a thing about, for example, I suppose the
stretch kernel (4.10) won't have the DRDB 9 driver, so we're fine with
shipping drdb-doc 8.4.

We should carefully consider Heartbeat, though.  It's kept out of
testing by https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=818961,
which is an RC bug.  Is Heartbeat and systemd really fundamentally
incompatible?  Does anybody still have the logs of the original IRC
report?  Even if there is a genuine issue, we could lower the severity
after adding a NEWS entry (pulling in debconf just for this seems
overkill).  Or we could just drop Heartbeat from stretch.
What do you think?
--
Regards,
Feri