[Debian-ha-maintainers] Freeze status, Heartbeat plans

Apollon Oikonomopoulos apoikos at debian.org
Tue Dec 20 09:05:22 UTC 2016

Hi Ferenc,

On 09:54 Tue 20 Dec     , Ferenc Wágner wrote:
> Hi Debian-HA Team,
>
> https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?email=debian-ha-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org
> shows we're mostly prepared for the freeze.  Thank you!  There are a lot
> of components I don't know a thing about, for example, I suppose the
> stretch kernel (4.10) won't have the DRDB 9 driver, so we're fine with
> shipping drdb-doc 8.4.

If I'm not mistaken, the Stretch will ship with 4.9[1] instead of 4.10.

DRBD9 has not been submitted for mainline inclusion yet and 4.9 will
ship with DRBD 8.4.7, so we're okay with drbd-doc 8.4 in stretch. Note
that the drbd-utils package already supports DRBD9 out of the box.

Thanks for your work,
Apollon

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2016/08/msg00099.html