[Debian-ha-maintainers] Freeze status, Heartbeat plans

Christoph Berg myon at debian.org
Tue Dec 20 12:13:27 UTC 2016

Re: Ferenc Wágner 2016-12-20 <87oa07t1yd.fsf at lant.ki.iif.hu>
> We should carefully consider Heartbeat, though.  It's kept out of
> testing by https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=818961,
> which is an RC bug.  Is Heartbeat and systemd really fundamentally
> incompatible?  Does anybody still have the logs of the original IRC
> report?  Even if there is a genuine issue, we could lower the severity
> after adding a NEWS entry (pulling in debconf just for this seems
> overkill).  Or we could just drop Heartbeat from stretch.
> What do you think?

I don't think the original IRC conversation had more details, iirc it
was just "it doesn't work". So far no one has had the nerves to really
look into the details there.

My gut feeling would be that merely documenting this would be enough
to get the issue resolved, but then again, someone would need to check
out the details...

Or we just downgrade it, claiming the situation is no worse than
before.

Christoph