[Debian-iot-maintainers] Moving the mosquitto package to upstreams 2.0.17

Joachim Zobel jz-2017 at heute-morgen.de
Sat Sep 2 12:58:22 BST 2023

Hi.

Thanks for the explanation on upstream and pristine-tar branches and
gbp.conf.

Am Mittwoch, dem 30.08.2023 um 22:44 +0530 schrieb Carsten Schoenert:
> So you need to make a decision on how to proceed with the packaging
> style and branch layout. Using the upstream branch as a base for
> importing new version is fine, but it's not that typical and common.

Beeing in the debian-iot packaging team for a very short time this is
not a decision I should or want to make.

I personally would not put the upstream sources into version control.
Putting something into vcs that I do not intend to modify seems
pointless to me.

I am however willing to follow any decision on how to handle this for
mosquitto. If it is common to have upstream and/or pristine-tar
branches we should go that way.

> Means you import upstream tarballs. My guess is that quite all
> existing packages in the IoT group are managed that way.

I'll check and if no one steps forward with another decision within a
week or two I'll do that.

Sincerely,
Joachim