[xml/sgml-pkgs] passivetex removal

Andreas Hoenen andreas.hoenen at arcor.de
Sun Jul 23 08:48:27 UTC 2006

From: Graham Wilson <graham at mknod.org>
Subject: [xml/sgml-pkgs] passivetex removal
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 18:03:29 -0500

> passivetex has two RC bugs and no reverse dependencies or build
> dependencies. Also, the functionality that it provided (DocBook to PDF
> conversion via xmlto) seems to be provided better by other tools.
>
> Therefore, I think it makes sense to remove passivetex from the archive.

Hi,

out of curiosity:

what are your plans for xmlto's PDF toolchain?  db2latex and dblatex
come to my mind, with the latter one packaged by me.  Naturally I would
like to see dblatex integrated into xmlto :-)

No intention (and necessity) to exclude db2latex, as xmlto's upstream
author explicitly encourages configurability for different PDF
toolchains [1].

Regards, Andreas

[1] http://cyberelk.net/tim/xmlto/index.html
Andreas Hoenen <andreas.hoenen at arcor.de>