[Gnuk-users] Chopstx on Raspberry Pi 2

Kaz Kojima kkojima at rr.iij4u.or.jp
Thu Sep 10 09:05:57 UTC 2015

NIIBE Yutaka <gniibe at fsij.org> wrote:
> My plan is to release Chopstx 0.09 without Cortex-A7 support, in a day
> or two (I just added cancellation support improvement).  Then, I'll
> try to proceed more for Cortex-A7.
>
> In future, I think that chopstx.c will be divided into two.  It will
> be like:
>
>    chopstx.c: more portable code
>    chopstx-m0m3.c: architecture specific for Cortex-M0 and M3
>    chopstx-a7.c:  architecture specific for Cortex-A7

Sounds promising!

> I wonder if Raspberry Pi 2 support can be shared among other Cortex-A7
> boards.  It seems that it's somehow SoC specific.
>
> Perhaps, it would be better for me to buy another Cortex-A7 based
> board so that I can see the differences of SoCs.

Yes, you are right.  SoC specific implementations for some system
timer and software irq are needed because cortex-A7 doesn't have
SysTick and PendSV.  It looks a good idea to try other SoCs.

> Today, I've looked some products.  It looks like pcDuino3 is good, but
> price setting is not that good.  It seems that it's better to try
> Orange PC.

Wow, looks good boards to me.  It seems that Allwinner's SoCs have
proper reference manuals.  Very good.

Best Regards and Happy Hacking,
	kaz