[Nut-upsdev] [HCL] Cyber Power Systems CP1000PFCLCD supported by usbhid-ups

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed May 30 21:11:40 UTC 2012

Hi David

2012/5/28 David Owen <dsowen at fugue88.ws>:
> Cyber Power Systems CP1000PFCLCD
>

> = upsc output =
>
> attached
>

> = Shutdown results =
>
> I experienced a genuine power outage shortly after setup.  The 1 master
> system and the 1 slave system both shutdown successfully.  The master
> shutdown before the slave (*not* a bug report; I may not have this
> configured correctly yet).  The UPS was not powered off by the master.  I
> don't know if the UPS supports that, or if I have that setup correctly
> either.
>
> The shutdown command coincided with the UPS's own notion of "critical
> battery" (and associated beeping), which is about 2 minutes runtime
> remaining (I have about 36 minutes at my typical load).  I don't think the
> UPS's critical level is adjustable.
>

> = Product link =
>
> http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/products/ups-systems/adaptive-sinewave-series/CP1000PFCLCD.html

thanks for your report, I've committed an entry in the HCL (r3642).

I'd however like to investigate the ups.timer.* values, and how these
behave when you call shutdown.return (Ie, call the UPS side of
shutdown)
I suspect another factor issue, that may simply cancel the UPS poweroff...

to test it, remove all PCs from the UPS, and preferably use a more
recent NUT version.
I'm at least interested in upsc output, but driver ones (using
'/path/to/driver -DDDDD -a ...') would be appreciated too.
please compress the result, since we have a 40Kb attachment limit on the list.

cheers,
Arnaud