[Nut-upsuser] ULTRA 2000 ULT33046 configuration

JW Simpson john at swajime.com
Mon Nov 23 19:22:24 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 18:49 -0500, Charles Lepple wrote:
> On Nov 20, 2009, at 2:49 PM, Arjen de Korte wrote:
>
> > Citeren JW Simpson <john at swajime.com>:
> >
> >>        # # lsusb -vd 0d9f:0002|sed -ne '/^\w/p;/\bi/p'
> >>        # Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0d9f:0002 Powercom Co., Ltd
> >>        # Device Descriptor:
> >>        #   idVendor           0x0d9f Powercom Co., Ltd
> >>        #   idProduct          0x0002
> >>        #   iManufacturer           1 POWERCOM CO., LTD.
> >>        #   iProduct                2 USB to Serial
> >>        #   iSerial                 0
> >>        #     iConfiguration          4 Sample HID
> >>        #       iInterface              0
> >>        # Device Status:     0x0000
> >>
> >>        # compatibility:
> >>        http://www.networkupstools.org/compat/stable.html
> >
> > This device should be supported by the 'powercom' driver (see 'man 8
> > powercom' for options that may need to be provided in 'ups.conf'),
> > provided cypress_m8 in your kernel is recent enough to recognize the
> > build in USB to serial converter. If it is, you should point the
> > 'port' to the /dev/ttyUSBx port that is created when the device is
> > plugged in.
>
> JW,
>
> So is the long /dev/serial/by-id path a symlink to /dev/ttyUSB0?

Yes ...

> If that is the case, then it sounds like you're on the right track,
> and you only need to adjust the driver to the one that Arjen suggested.

I did that, and I *seem* to have an operational driver.  See
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2009-November/005653.html for a log of my efforts.

> Do you know roughly when this unit was manufactured? (Based on the
> HCL, I would have guessed megatec as well, but the "ULT" entry there
> might only be for older units.)

I couldn't find any information about the date it was manufactured.  I'm
not sure where to look to find this information.

JW Simpson <john at swajime.com>
SwaJime's Cove℠