[Nut-upsuser] ULTRA 2000 ULT33046 configuration

JW Simpson john at swajime.com
Mon Nov 23 20:42:05 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-11-21 at 12:36 +0100, Arjen de Korte wrote:

> Citeren Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
>
> > If that is the case, then it sounds like you're on the right track,
> > and you only need to adjust the driver to the one that Arjen
> > suggested.
> >
> > Do you know roughly when this unit was manufactured? (Based on the
> > HCL, I would have guessed megatec as well, but the "ULT" entry there
> > might only be for older units.)
>
> We've seen reports about this device before (search the NUT archives
> for '0d9f:0002'), some almost three years ago. There also have been
> some discussions about adding this VID:PID combination to cypress_m8
> (Google is your friend).
>
> Best regards, Arjen

Google has been a very good friend ... that's how I got here.

I may be mistaken, but it seems that this deviceID:productID seems to
refer to the usb/serial converter, and not to the ups itself.

This post seems to concur with my suspicions ->
http://www.debianhelp.org/node/15191#comment-46793
"Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0d9f:0002 Powercom Co., Ltd
indicates this device is actualy Cypres_M8 USB-to-Serial Cable chip."

--
JW Simpson <john at swajime.com>
SwaJime's Cove℠