[Nut-upsuser] Status OB (on battery) when polling a Liebert PSA

Pier Paolo Glave pierpaolo.glave at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 13:14:24 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 12:37 PM, Arjen de Korte <nut+users at de-korte.org> wrote:

> It looks like the firmware developers missed the fact that for some units,
> an exponent is used (V, VA and W) which causes a 7 decades offset. You
> either have to account for that in the units exponent or use a type that
> doesn't have this offset. I'm fairly certain that by commenting out the
> following lines in drivers/libhid.c
>
> 604             for (i = 0; i < NB_HID_UNITS; i++) {
> 605
> 606                     if (HIDUnits[i].Type == hiddata->Unit) {
> 607                             unit_expo -= HIDUnits[i].Expo;
> 608                             break;
> 609                     }
> 610             }
>
> you'll get better results. Please let us know if it does, so that we can
> include this fix in the belkin-hid subdriver.

Yes!
The results are quite different now :)

This is the result of "upsc" now, when AC power is plugged in:
battery.charge: 100
battery.type: PbAc
battery.voltage: 28
battery.voltage.nominal: 2
device.mfr: Emerson Network Power
device.model: LiebertPSA
device.serial:
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: 2.6.0
driver.version.data: Liebert HID 0.3
driver.version.internal: 0.35
ups.mfr: Emerson Network Power
ups.model: LiebertPSA
ups.productid: 0001
ups.serial:
ups.status: OL CHRG
ups.vendorid: 10af

And, if I unplug the AC power, the following parameter changes:
ups.status: OB DISCHRG

Thank you Arjen: you gave me a good support, in a very short time.

I'm ready now to go on with NUT configuration: I think I'm able now to
have a controlled PC shutdown.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Pier