[Nut-upsuser] Status OB (on battery) when polling a Liebert PSA

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Feb 7 13:51:28 UTC 2011

Citeren Pier Paolo Glave <pierpaolo.glave op gmail.com>:

> Yes!
> The results are quite different now :)

That's good to know.

> This is the result of "upsc" now, when AC power is plugged in:
> battery.charge: 100
> battery.type: PbAc
> battery.voltage: 28
> battery.voltage.nominal: 2
> device.mfr: Emerson Network Power
> device.model: LiebertPSA
> device.serial:
> device.type: ups
> driver.name: usbhid-ups
> driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
> driver.parameter.port: auto
> driver.version: 2.6.0
> driver.version.data: Liebert HID 0.3
> driver.version.internal: 0.35
> ups.mfr: Emerson Network Power
> ups.model: LiebertPSA
> ups.productid: 0001
> ups.serial:
> ups.status: OL CHRG
> ups.vendorid: 10af

Looking at the debug output you sent earlier, it looks like your UPS
might support some other variables too. Could you please post some
similar output as you did recently, now with these patches included?

> And, if I unplug the AC power, the following parameter changes:
> ups.status: OB DISCHRG

That looks promising.

> Thank you Arjen: you gave me a good support, in a very short time.
>
> I'm ready now to go on with NUT configuration: I think I'm able now to
> have a controlled PC shutdown.
> I'll let you know how it goes.

That's also something I would be interested in.

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)